Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Textbooks 101

We are nearing the end of the semester. When I first started college, at the end of the semester i would gather all my books up and drag them to the bookstore to sell them back. I loved getting $50 back for the $400 that i spend on the books in the first place. As i got older i realized that you didn't have to buy your books in the book store. In some cases i didn't even have to buy some books for some of my classes. So i was pretty much just wasting my money.

My advice is to wait for a week or two before you decide to buy books for your classes. Go to the class a few times and see if you really are going to use the books. Check out the internet to see what places sell the books you need and the prices. I use half.com to buy my books and i save alot of money each semester. (http://www.half.com/) You can also try amazon they have deals sometimes. (http://www.amazon.com/) Lastly see if you have any classes with a friend and split the cost of the book with them. You should check out your schools bookstore as well because sometimes they do have the cheapest price. Check out John Carroll's bookstore (http://www.bkstr.com/Home/10001-10071-1?demoKey=d)

Once the semester is over don't think that you can't get any money back becasue you didn't buy your books in the bookstore. You can sell them online at Amazon and Half.com. You can get good money my doing this. I bought a book once one time on Half.com for $40 and then ended up selling it for $60, so i actually made a profit on the book.

No comments: