Monday, November 5, 2007

Out of Town Students- Learn to make the transition

At this time of year, everyone is rushing to finish their work and staying up to study for exams and in the back of your mind you can't help but think about the semester's end. As a senior, I have made the transition from home to living on my own, but for many freshamn, they xan not wait to get home for the holiday break. When reading through JCU's Freshman Blog, the author expressed how she misses her family. She says that she started babysitting, which seems to fulfill her need to be around family and also help her get her mind off missing home. It is a good idea for freshman to get involved in activities. You can learn about all activites offered through your Student Union, or through the Career Center if you are looking for a job.

When I was a Freshman I started out my John Carroll education as a varsity athlete which occupied me even though I was not 5 minutes away from home. I did not visit my school on an official tour, and I wish I did, students who learn more about the university they want to attend will know exactly what they are getting into for the next 4-5 years. Get involved!!

No comments: